What is the Mars Habitat Challenge about?
Hagerbach Test Gallery is looking for pioneering startups to develop solutions for the visionary idea of living on Mars or other planets. Solutions include those that offer products/services that could make life on Mars possible. Be it solutions for constructing buildings/caverns, energy, air or water management, health & safety, transportation, food production, or communication. The ultimate goal is a self-sustaining habitat based on the principles of a circular economy.
The event is held annually and is supervised by Venturelab.
- Ten selected startups will pitch their startup project on January 30, 2023 in front of a jury of high-ranking industry experts (Amberg, Implenia, ACO, ESA BIC CH, Rowa, SanDono, SCAUT, ITACUS and VSH).
- The top five will undergo a public voting system in March, where everyone can vote for their favourite project.
- The top three startups selected will present and showcase their startup on May 5, 2023 at the Hagerbach Test Gallery.
- One startup will be awarded with a proof of concept in the Hagerbach Test Gallery (value CHF 10'000).
- The tree finalists get a coaching by SANDONO (Winner: Coaching value CHF 3000 / 2nd: Coaching value CHF 2'000 / 3rd: Coaching value CHF 1'000)